Did you catch our creation of the ultimate festive canapés? Worry not, you can watch it here and even better, the recipe is below. Mouth watering pork belly awaits.
Spiced rum pork belly and brandy mayonnaise canapés
- Place a pork belly into baking try with mirepoix (1 onion, 1 stick of celery, and 1 carrot), 1 litre of apple juice, and 1 litre of water, 500ml rum, 1 cinnamon stick, star anise and a sprinkle of all spice.
- Cover with parchment paper and then foil tightly, then cook for 45min at 230oc. Then turn down the temperature to 150oc and cook for a further 3-3.5hrs.
- Remove from the oven and peel off the skin. Turn the temperature back up to 230oc and return the pork to the oven (uncovered) for a final 30 mins, basting with the pan juices every 10 mins. Allow to cool, then slice into squares.
- To make the brandy mayonnaise, simply mix 100g of mayo with 30ml brandy and lemon/orange zest. Season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Finally, to make your crumb mix 50g crispy shallots with 6-8 sage leaves (gently fried first in oil until crispy, then chopped up) and 1 spring of roughly chopped rosemary.
- To build, spoon some brandy mayo onto the pork belly square and top with the crumb